Article I: Name.
The New York State Young Democrats Rural Caucus exists to help Rural young Democrats in New York State get involved in local politics, run for office, and empower our rural communities through activism.
Article II: Elections.
- The chair shall be elected at the Biannual New York State Young Democrats convention. The Chair’s duties consist of working with all members of the board to organize new chapters, mobilize membership in statewide campaigns to achieve the goals of New York State Young Democrats in the rural counties. Work with regional vice chairs to achieve full statewide membership in the rural counties.
- The Caucus Chair shall appoint all other officers. Vice chairs will be appointed until all regions have chartered chapters. At which point vice chairs shall be elected by county chapters in said region.
Article III: Officers and duties.
- The New York State Young Democrats Rural Caucus shall consist of a chair, executive vice chair, communications director, and nine regional vice chairs.
- Chair: The Chair’s duties shall consist of working with all members of the board to organize new chapters, mobilize membership in statewide campaigns to achieve the goals of New York State Young Democrats in the rural counties. Work with regional vice chairs to achieve full statewide membership in the rural counties. The chair shall represent the Caucus at all State and local Democratic Party functions and Young Democrats events. In order to run for this position one must be a registered democrat ages 18-35 in one of the Democratic Rural Conference counties. The Caucus Chair will have the power to create and appoint special positions to achieve the goals of the caucus, as long as it does not impede the another aforementioned position.
- Executive Vice-Chair: The executive vice-chair shall work with the president to execute the goals of the New York State Young Democrats. The executive vice-chair shall represent the Caucus as well at all State and local Democratic Party functions and Young Democrats events. Should the chair be unable to attend such functions, the executive Vice-chair may fill this role.
- Regional Vice-Chairs: Regional vice chairs shall be drawn from nine regions as described in Article IV. Vice chairs shall work in their designated regions. They shall represent the Caucus as well at all State and local Democratic Party functions and Young Democrats events. There are to be no more than nine regional vice chairs.
- Communications Director: The Communications director shall be responsible for overseeing all communications working with the executive board of both the New York State Young Democrats and the New York State Young Democrats Rural Caucus. The director will also be in charge of maintaining the Caucus’s social media presence.
Article IV: Regions
- Regions are established as divisional organizing boundaries. Within these regions, a
regional vice chair is to be appointed The regional vice chairs will work with the rest of the board to mobilize, organize and work with County Democratic Committees and Young Democrats organizations to advance the goals of the Democratic Party in that region. The regional vice chair will be a member of a chartered chapter within said region.
- Regions will be no more than nine and each shall a group of neighboring counties numbering no less than five and no more than eight. Regions will consist of the following counties and shall be named as such
- Mohawk Valley region: Montgomery, Fulton, Herkimer, and Otsego counties
- Finger Lakes region: Cayuga, Seneca, Tompkins, Ontario, Wayne, Schuyler and Yates counties
- Southern Tier East: Chemung, Tioga, Delaware, and Broome counties
- Southern Tier West: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Steuben, and Allegany counties
- Central New York: Chenango, Madison, Oswego, Oneida, and Cortland counties
- North Country: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, Hamilton, and St. Lawrence counties
- Glow Region: Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, Wyoming, and Niagara Counties
- Capital Region: Schenectady, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schoharie, Washington, and Warren Counties
- Hudson River Valley Region: Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, Ulster, Sullivan, and Orange Counties