Made up of one representative from each region and one director.
The role of the Campaign Director:
- To make final decisions on the recommendations made to the board
- To keep an overall view of the state and its responsibilities to all regions
- To act as a liaison to campaigns
- To maintain overall data, calendars, and endorsements.
- Train all appointed members on responsibilities and best practices.
The role of the Regional Representatives is as follows:
- To make recommendations to the committee/board of races to endorse in the region (encompassing all chapters in the region)
- To act as a liaison between all chapters in their regions and endorsed campaigns
- To help build for regional campaign actions
- To help collect and maintain data collected during campaign cycles
How endorsements are made:
At a predetermined time, the endorsement process for a campaign cycle will begin. Candidates, chapters, and staffers can submit to be endorsed in the upcoming election.
During the endorsement period, the campaign committee will meet biweekly to discuss the submitted endorsements.
Endorsement recommendations will be based on the following:
- Is the candidate running as a democrat? Are they running against a Democrat?
- Is there a chapter in the county that the campaign is occurring in?
- Is there a measurable action Young Democrats can take to help this candidate?
Best practices for the campaign team when building for events:
- Maintain contact with campaign chair and chapters to know what is needed to build for the event.
- When events are upcoming, doing call time both to members of the region as well as potential members to build the event.
- Keeping in touch with the campaign chair regarding social media, difficulties in building for the event, any advertising that needs to be done.
The campaign team is not responsible for:
- Guaranteeing members from other chapters will attend any canvasses. They can only use organizing skill to invite members to attend. They can not require them to attend, or promise anything on behalf of other chapters.
- Guaranteeing a candidate will be endorsed. All final endorsements will be approved by the board.
- Guaranteeing any outcomes or specific actions to a campaign on behalf of the state and/or chapters