The New York State Young Democrats are the official youth arm of the New York State Democratic Committee. The New York State Young Democrats represent young democrats between the ages of 16-36 living in all of New York’s 62 counties. Members of the organization strive to make a positive difference in the community by working within the political process and upholding the principles of the Democratic Party. The membership base reflects the broad diversity of New York and the party, including high school students, college students, young workers, professionals and families.
NYSYD works to:
- Elect Democratic Candidates
- Encourage youth involvement in the Democratic Party
- Support the ideals of the Democratic Party at all levels of government
- Instill young people with the values for which the Democratic Party stands
- Provide young people with the skills and experiences they will need to lead our nation
Young Democrats receive first-hand experience in campaigns and elections, grassroots organizing, fundraising and candidate elective office, just to name a few. Many of the Democratic Party’s leaders got their start in politics with the Young Democrats.
To find out more, take a moment to explore our website and see what wonderful opportunities the New York State Young Democrats have to offer. Thank you and please visit us again.